Sunday 10 April 2011

What have I learned from Digital Cultures?

In the beginning of this academic year I`ve looked at Digital Cultures in a suspicious way. Because I thought it is not my type of courses. But in the end of this academic year I have to say that I am glad that I studied this course but yet, it`s still not my cup of tea.
I am glad that I have got the chance to explore so many things that was always around me. Some of these things I knew already but not in an academic way. I was so excited when we looked at citizen journalism because I experienced many types of it when I was in my workplace but I didn’t know the academic aspect of it and how much important it was academically. and later with the central role of citizen journalism which shaped the Middle East latest event and helped change the whole system in a country like Egypt. I followed the events with a different perspective.
Being a "digital immigrant" the course helped me understand many things in Cyberspace and look at my own experience online especially with identity issues and understand how I was before and after the internet. not to mention understanding other important issues such as how much open source matters and the role of digital development in Globalization.
I always struggled when things went deep like when we looked at things like interface and web 2.0. I still find it difficult to even think about those two subject, but I can say that I have got a general idea and that it`s enough for me and I hope I won’t have to deal with them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment